- Apply basic business principles Free Preview
- Accommodate audience & context needs in oral/signed communication Free Preview
- Convey dangerous goods by road Free Preview
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basics of local and international trade Free Preview
- Interpret and use information from texts Free Preview
- Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes Free Preview
- Write/present/sign texts for a range of communicative contexts Free Preview
SAQA ID 57831 NQF Level 3
The safe handling of freight is dependant upon the applicable people complying with the relevant procedures and applying the necessary skills to their handling. This Qualification, therefore, is aimed at providing learners in the Freight sector with:
- An integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
- The ability to work more effectively with others.
- The skills necessary to maintain and enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers.
- An awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
Who Should Attend
People involved in freight handling. They play a key role in the movement of goods since they represent the physical link that ensures that the freight is efficiently and safely handled. The required knowledge and skills can be used in many other goods handling environments or equally as well in a full warehousing environment. On-the-job experience can progressively lead to positions of more responsibility in the safe handling of goods and freight.
- Understand the principles of the freight handling business in South Africa.
- Understand the composition of the supply chain in the transport industry.
- Understand legislated and company-required health, safety, environmental and security practices.
- Act responsibly when handling freight.
On the successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a certificate of competency from Innovative Shared Services as well as an official statement of results – once your POE (Portfolio of Evidence) has been verified and approved by the course specific SETA, the ETDP SETA will issue you with a statement confirming that your achievement is recognized nationally. Both the Certificate and Statement of results will be sent to you in electronic format.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of different number bases and measurement units and an awareness of error in the context of relevant calculations Free Preview
- Describe, apply, analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts Free Preview
- Investigate life and work related problems using data and probabilities Free Preview
- Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business and national issues Free Preview
- Managing self-development Free Preview
- Manage administration records Free Preview
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and competitive practice Free Preview
- Processing and controlling documentation Free Preview
- Obtain and communicate road transport operational information Free Preview
- Controlling and locating stock Free Preview
- Describe basic freight logistic principles Free Preview
- Operating computer systems Free Preview
- Taking basic care of freight handling machinery Free Preview
- Receiving and dispatching freight, and handling freight returns Free Preview
- Packing, handling and securing freight Free Preview