SAQA ID 59201 NQF Level 5
A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first line managers in an organisational entity. First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen. The focus of this qualification is to enable learners to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational strategies, projects and action plans, and where appropriate, recommending change within teams and/or the unit so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitoring and measuring performance and applying continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit in order to attain its desired outcomes, including customer satisfaction, and thereby contributing towards the achievement of the objectives and vision of the entity.
- Leading a team of first line managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams, to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness in order to achieve the goals of the entity.
- Building relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of intended outcomes.
- Applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the unit.
- Enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
Who Should Attend
The National Certificate: Generic Management, NQF Level 5 forms part of a learning pathway of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It is specifically designed to develop management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who manage first line managers. The qualification builds on the FETC: Generic Management and further develops the key concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to lead, manage, organise and control first line managers and team leaders. The learners will typically be managers who have other junior managers or team leaders reporting to them. In smaller organisations or entities, the managers could primarily be responsible for managing the supervisors and staff within their section, division or business unit.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members.
Preview this course - (1 preview unit standards)