US No. 252043 NQF Level 05 Credits 6 Purpose: This unit standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them. Unit standard range:
- The learner is required to apply the learning in respect of this/her own area of responsibility.
- Unit refers to the division, department or business unit in which the learner is responsible for managing and leading staff.
- Entity includes, but is not limited to, a company, business unit, public institution, small business, Non-Profit Organisation or Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Diversity includes differences in history, nationality, culture, background, experiences, beliefs, values, attitudes, values, race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, language, talents and education.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of diversity in the workplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of the reality of diversity and its value in a unit.
- Manage team members taking into account similarities and differences.
- Deal with disagreements and conflicts arising from diversity in a unit.