US No. 10135 NQF Level 04 Credits 8 Purpose: This unit standard is a core standard and forms part of the qualification, National Certificate Project Management and is registered at Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework. Learners accessing this standard will be involved in project management teams or involved in building small project management teams. These projects may be technical projects, business projects or developmental projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This standard will also add value to learners who are running their own business and recognise that project management forms an integral component of any business. Learners acquiring this standard will be able to work autonomously and collaboratively with others, build relations, make positive contributions, interact with others and explain team dynamics. Unit standard range:
- Team dynamics will include team goals, priorities, roles, structure, formality, communication channels, flexibility, cohesion, skill levels, trust, relationships and climate.
- Working as a contributing team member on any size project when not the leader.
- Methods for communication will include written, oral, signs, body language and signals.
- Principles for creating productive communication will include listening, consulting, giving feedback, supporting, discussing, negotiating, embracing diversity and exhibiting empathy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of criteria for working as a member of a team.
- Work autonomously and collaborate with other team members.
- Contribute to building relations between team members and stakeholders.
- Make a positive contribution to team coherence, image and spirit.
- Respect personal, ethical, religious and cultural differences.