US No. 8000 NQF Level 03 Credits 9 Purpose: A learner accredited with this standard will be able to understand and effectively apply basic business principles in order to improve productivity and efficiency of practice within the Freight Handling Environment. Unit standard range: The applied competence expressed in this standard will enable the learner to select and implement the most effective business solution/s to familiar problems within own operational environment, with partial responsibility for quality under limited guidance. Outcomes:
- Utilise machinery, equipment, materials and time.
- Identify and apply goals aligned to the work situation which reflect the organisational goals.
- Maintain and enhance organisational image and customer service (both internal and external).
- Identify and anticipate customer's requirements.
- Select and implement the most effective business solution.