US No. 252042
NQF Level 05
This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
Unit standard range:
- The learner is required to apply the learning in respect of his/her own area of responsibility.
- Unit refers to the division, department or business unit in which the learner is responsible for managing and leading staff.
- Entity includes, but is not limited to, a company, business unit, public institution, small business, Non-Profit Organisation or Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Corporate ethics includes business ethics and the ethical norms and standards of public sector entities.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between values, ethics and organisational culture and its impact on achieving goals and objectives.
- Apply the concept of corporate ethics to a unit.
- Analyse a unit in relation to the principles of corporate ethics.
- Formulate recommendations for strengthening shared organisational values, the code of conduct and ethical practices.