US No. 8025
NQF Level 04
A learner accredited with this standard will be able to control the storage and locating of stock to minimise loss, damage and claims, and based on a quality service to the customer.
Unit standard range:
The applied competencies expressed in this standard cover a range of largely familiar procedures and techniques requiring a range of responses based on limited discretion, judgement and interpretation of available information by the learner. The learner is largely responsible for maintaining quality of stock location and control processes within a range of freight handling contexts.
- Record the appropriate information of stock.
- Stock is located and picked with due regard to storage plans, despatch orders and shipping instructions.
- Replenish of/or add to stock.
- Determine the appropriate method of storage.
- Apply stock control measures.