US No. 252027
NQF Level 05
This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them
Unit standard range:
- The learner is required to apply the learning in respect of his/her own area of responsibility.
- Unit refers to the division, department or business unit in which the learner is responsible for managing and leading staff.
- Entity includes, but is not limited to, a company, business unit, public institution, small business, Non-Profit Organisation or Non-Governmental Organisation.
- A colleague could be a team member or someone working in another unit of the entity.
- Internal and external stakeholders could include colleagues, team members, management, customers, suppliers, associations and professional bodies.
- Liaise and network with internal and external stakeholders.
- Devise and apply a strategy to establish constructive relationships with manager(s).
- Identify and minimise personal conflict in a unit.
- Devise and apply a strategy to establish constructive relationships with team members in a unit.