US No. 8021
NQF Level 03
A learner accredited with this standard will be able to utilise the competencies acquired in selecting, utilising and caring for freight handling machinery and equipment, to positively add to operational efficiencies.
Unit standard range:
Identify the suitability of handling machinery and equipment.
- Identify the suitability of handling machinery and equipment.
- Implement safe freight handling practices.
- Use alternative communication systems.
- Conduct of routine maintenance required.
- Ensure that the equipment undergoes scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance.