US No. 120300
NQF Level 05
This Unit Standard will be useful to learners who are working within the Public Sector, Local Government, commercial or community environment. It will enable learners to gain insight into the role of leadership within a work context, and thus providing them with the skills and knowledge to add value to one’s job. This Unit Standard will also provide value to public officials who are involved in integrated development planning or public sector management and administration specialists.
Unit standard range:
- The learner is required to apply the learning in respect of this/her own area of responsibility.
- Unit refers to the division, department or business unit in which the learner is responsible for managing and leading staff.
- Entity includes, but is not limited to, a company, business unit, public institution, small business, Non-Profit Organisation or Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Explain the concept of leadership.
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
- Analyse leadership theories.
- Apply the different roles and qualities of leadership in a work context.