US No. 13943
NQF Level 04
This unit standard is intended to promote general knowledge and understanding of current affairs in a field of business or industry in order to ensure knowledgeable and informed workers in the industry. It addresses a broad base of socio-economic and environmental related knowledge and requires the analysis of current affairs as they could impact on the selected business sector or industry.
Unit standard range:
- Articles from trade and professional journals and publications, news from a daily or weekly newspapers, television or radio newscast electronic or other news media.
- Analyse articles and reports from current print and electronic material.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the latest innovations and developments in technology.
- Analyse proposed business or industrial development that could impact on the physical environment.
- Analyse issues in the media relating to labour that could impact on a business sector or industry.