US NO. 13941
NQF Level 04
This unit standard is intended for managers of small businesses and junior managers of business units in larger organisations. The term business unit in this unit standard implies a small business, cost center, section or department.
Junior managers include, but are not limited to team leaders, supervisors, first line managers and section heads. The position is term is used to describe the first level of management in an organisation at which an employee has other employees reporting to him/her.
Unit standard range:
- For the purpose of this unit standard the term business unit is used to mean a cost center, department or small business.
- Expenditure includes, but is not limited to payments, commissions payable, claims, management expenses and remuneration.
- Explaining the concept of budgeting in a business unit.
- Analysing the budget needs of a business unit.
- Presenting and justifying a proposed budget for a business unit.
- Monitoring and controlling actual expenses and revenue against projected expenses and revenue.