US No. 252037
NQF Level 05
This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
Unit standard range:
- The learner is required to apply the learning in respect of this/her own area of responsibility.
- Unit refers to the division, department or business unit in which the learner is responsible for managing and leading staff.
- Entity includes, but is not limited to, a company, business unit, public institution, small business, Non-Profit Organisation or Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and insight into the theory of teams and the importance of teams in workplace activities.
- Apply the theory of teams to team dynamics.
- Explain the process of building teams.
- Analyse the role of team leader in promoting team effectiveness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a team and propose ways to improve team effectiveness.