US No. 10022
NQF Level 04
This unit standard is a core standard and forms part of the qualification, National Certificate and is registered at Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Learners working towards this standard will be learning towards the full qualification, or will be working within a Marketing Environment, specialising in either Marketing Communication, Marketing Management, Market Research or Customer Management, where the acquisition of competence against this standard will add value to one`s job.
This standard will also add value to learners who are starting their own business and recognises that Marketing forms an integral component of any business.
Unit standard range:
- Stakeholders will include customers, suppliers, the public, employees, management, consumer councils, local government, shareholders, trade unions and financial institutions.
- Marketing including all forms of marketing communications direct marketing and relationship marketing, sponsorship, event marketing, sales promotions, public relations and alternative strategies.
- Media will include all electronic, print, outdoor, digital media, e-media and direct media.
- Code of conduct and ethics excluding rules, regulations, laws, unwritten rules and any method which helps in dealing with behaviours in marketing.
- Describe the code of conduct and ethical issues.
- Adhere to code of conduct.
- Identify and understand the ethical issues in the organisation.