US No. 13945
NQF Level 04
This unit standard is intended for managers of small businesses and junior managers of business units in larger organisations. It provides the background necessary to understand the management of assets and stock in a business unit. The term business unit in this unit standard implies a small business, cost centre, section or department.
Junior managers include, but are not limited to team leaders, supervisors, first line managers and section heads. The positionor term is used to describe the first level of management in an organisation at which an employee has other employees reporting to him/her.
Unit standard range:
- Basic management of stock and fixed assets at the level of a junior manager.
- Differentiating between fixed assets and stock in a business unit.
- Explaining the influence that stock management can have on the profitability of a business.
- Explaining the management of fixed assets in a business unit.
- Applying the basic principles of stock and fixed asset management to a business unit.