US No. 7791
NQF Level 04
Each learner should be able to communicate effectively with tourists of different cultures. Learners should also be able to take steps to resolve differences that arise as a result of cultural diversity.
Unit standard range:
- Range statements are included with specific outcomes as necessary.
- Explain the importance of being knowledgeable about the culture of overseas visitors.
- Explain the importance of awareness of communication.
- Describe steps to prevent or resolve misunderstandings between visitors and staff.
- Identify South Africa’s main international tourist groups.
- Interact with tourists using appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication at all times.
- Identify the main population groups.
- Show consideration for cultural norms and differences of main population groups.
- Anticipate and deal with customer’s needs within the context of their culture.
- Take appropriate action to resolve problems arising from cultural differences.
- Make suggestions to assist colleagues to deal with cultural differences.