US No. 8974
NQF Level 04
Competence at this level will enable learners to participate effectively in oral communication in most situations.
Learners at this level are aware of their audiences and purposes for communication. They are able to adopt the style and language register required in different situations. They can usually identify the assumptions and inferences in what people say. They speak fluently and confidently in both formal and familiar settings and can articulate their purpose and meaning clearly. They can use language to convey detailed information, and to express their ideas and feelings. They control complex sentence structures and the use of tenses in their spoken communications.
Unit standard range:
- The learner can engage in extended oral interactions in a wide range of socio-cultural, learning and/or workplace contexts.
- Respond critically yet sensitively as a listener.
- Analyse own responses to spoken texts and adjust as required.
- Use strategies to be an effective speaker in sustained oral interactions.
- Evaluate spoken discourse.