US No. 252024
NQF Level 05
This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
Unit standard range:
- The learner is required to apply the learning in respect of his/her own area of responsibility.
- Unit refers to the division, department or business unit in which the learner is responsible for managing and leading staff.
- Entity includes, but is not limited to, a company, business unit, public institution, small business, Non-Profit Organisation or Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Resources include physical resources, people, time and money.
- Practices include policies, procedures, processes and activities.
- Best practices include those relating to quality in general, quality customer service, manufacturing practices, environmental practices, continuous improvement and eliminating waste.
- Apply the concept of best practice to a unit.
- Analyse current practices in a unit in relation to identified best practice.
- Decide on the best practices to be adopted in a unit.
- Formulate recommendations for implementing best practices.
- Draw up a plan for implementing best practice.