US NO. 10139
NQF Level 04
This unit standard is a core standard and forms part of the qualification, National Certificate Project Management and is registered at Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework. Learners accessing this standard will be involved in project management teams or involved in building small project management teams. These projects may be technical projects, business projects or developmental projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This standard will also add value to learners who are running their own business and recognise that project management forms an integral component of any business. Learners acquiring this standard will be able to implement processes and standards to support project change control, update and communicate status of change requests and administer project library to support change. Learners will also be able to maintain project organisational information.
Unit standard range
- Project level will include working as a leader in the context of a small project / sub-project involving few resources and having a limited impact on stakeholders and the environment or working as a contributing team member on a medium to large project when not a leader.
- Projects will include all projects including technical, developmental and business related projects.
- Project change requests will occur under the following circumstances: Time, Cost, Quality, Resources, Risk and Market.
- Implement process and standards to support project change control and configuration management.
- Update and communicate status of change requests.
- Administer the project library/ repository to support change to affected items.
- Maintain project organisational information.