US No. 8969
NQF Level 03
Learners at this level read and view a range of texts. Learners credited with this unit standard are able to read a variety of text types with understanding and to justify their views and responses by reference to detailed evidence from text. They are also able to evaluate the effectiveness of different texts for different audiences and purposes, by using a set of criteria for analysis.
Unit standard range:
- A variety of written and visual texts used in socio-cultural, learning and workplace contexts.
- Use a range of reading and viewing strategies to understand the literal meaning of specific texts.
- Use strategies for extracting implicit messages in texts.
- Respond to selected texts in a manner appropriate to the context.
- Explore and explain how language structures and features may influence a reader.